Friday, June 13, 2008

To Much

I have been trying to decide what to blog about today, but there is so much I don't know what to bring to the table. It's almost like a tornado effect, everything is swirling around at a fast rate of speed. I would have to say that my emotions today have been up and done. I've caught myself trying to look ahead to tomorrow, hoping it will be better or at least different.
I'm trying to stand on God's promises, to get me through the day. God tell us to trust him, but there are days when this is difficult. It's hard to trust a physical person, someone you can touch, like your wife or husband, even if they are standing right in front of you. I don't like days like these, I wish they would never come. I need to stay strong, need to stay focused, need to lean on God, need to keep my eyes on Jesus.
I believe God uses these days to test our faith and trust in Him. So all day in my head I have been repeating this verse Isaiah 40:31 - but those who trust in the LORD will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint.
Have you ever had days like these? What did you do? Throw in the towel, or press on.
I pray that you pressed on. Trust in the LORD!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had many days like you are describing lately!! The verse you mentioned is oh so fitting and one I need to mount in BOLD letters on my mind and heart.

Kevin said...

There is nothing like having the Word of God inbedded on your heart. It's times like these when it really helps!
I pray that you will be encouraged!