Monday, January 5, 2009

Closing Out 2008

I know it's January 5th and I should of done this a week ago. But i just don't feel right moving on without closing out 2008! So here I go.
2008 was a crazy , but awesome year. It was probably the most challenging year I have had. As I say that I still wouldn't trade it in for anything. There are definitely things that need to be retooled for 2009. Here is a little recap of 2008:
Starting planning the launch of LifePoint.
Took a team to Ocala, Florida for a church planting conference.
Started having church in my home.
Cut grass in the community for random people, just knocked on the door and asked.
Held 3 preview services.
Held three comeback events.
Held a free car wash and a cone.
Raked leaves in the community. It was freezing:)
Started supporting a child through Mission Possible, praying for Luis Eduardo Gomez Batista.
Painted, built, repaired, and assembled our worship center, cafe, KidsLife, and nursery.
Took a basketball team on a missions trip to the Dominican Republic.
Launched on October 5th
Fed 5 families for Thanksgiving.
Supplied gifts and food for 6 families for Christmas.
Had a baby shower for mothers from the Womens Resource Center.
Baptized two men.
Watched God transform 15 people by the power of His word.
I'm telling you 2008 was truly amazing to watch how God worked through the lives of people. And I'm really excited for what is going to take place in 2009.
LifePoint I'm telling you, were going to a WHOLE NUTHA LEVEL!!!!!!

No comments: