Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Taking it easy.

Well after a big weekend, I've just been cleaning some things up and getting ready for Sunday's evaluation. Got to spend some quality time with my kids today, no running around, just a little wrestling on the floor, bike ride (I was showing them how to do a wheelie), and then Popsicles. Tomorrow we have a couple ideas for the day, we will see which one works out best (possibly Cedar Point).
Over the years I've noticed how easy it is to lose track of time, get buried in your work and forget about your family. I used to be a workaholic and would neglect my family often. Fortunately I have learned over the years to make sure to take the time, I mean quality time with my family. My kids love it and look forward to it.
Friday we get to attend another Toledo Mudhen's baseball game. Kendra's mom took us a few weeks ago and we all had a great time. I want to catch a foul ball for my kids, last time we were there thats all they talked about. The quality time I spend with my family, has always proven strengthen our relationships with each other.
So if you have been busy doing what you do, and have lost track of time, stop what your doing and put a date on the calender that you can spend with your family. They will enjoy it and so will you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salvation is a gift of God to all people. We can never make up for our sin by self improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness and truly repenting of sin can we be saved from sin’s penalty. Eternal life begins at the moment we receive Jesus Christ into our life by faith.
Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1 Acts 2:38; 2 Peter 3:9

I'm interested in your church. I've been looking at your website about "salvation." From what I gather, I can't do anything in order to be saved, but I have to "repent of my sin." What does this mean? I'm confused. Do I have to do anything or did Jesus do it all? And how do I know if I've "truly" repented.
Lastly . . . I also have to "recieve him into my life?" What does that mean?
So do I have to do something or not?