Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mission Possible

Every now and then I'm going to highlight a ministry that is getting it done for Jesus. This time let me tell you about Mission Possible. A friend of mine named Tara, told me about this concert that was taking place in Pandora, Ohio and that the band Pawn was going to be there. As soon as she told me that, I knew I was going ( I'm a fan of Pawn). The night was great, Pawn was great, but the thing that got me was the twenty minute presentation that Mission Possible shared about their ministry. It was awesome! They really got my attention as they explained the hard facts and layed out what they are trying to do in the Domincan Republic and Haiti. So I went to the concert, because I was a fan of Pawn, but when I left I couldn't stop talking about Mission Possible. That night I also had the privilege of meeting the President of Mission Possible Kurt, and his wonderful wife Julie. They are great people who love the Lord and serve Him diligently. Please pray for them as their task is huge. Here is a little info on Mission Possible.
Mission Possible has been around since 1979, starting off in Haiti. Then expanding into the Dominican Republic in 1987. Mission Possible has many ministries that they offer in these countries, and here they are, Christian Schools, Leadership Development, School and Church Construction, Community Development, and Short-Term Mission Teams.


Mission Possible is a hand-up, not a hand-out ministry. Those that benefit from our programs are expected to invest in their own future. For example, the families of students provide the school uniform and books and also contribute a small monetary amount towards their education. We know that a hand-out creates dependency relationships and an unhealthy self-image, whereas someone who contributes to their own success will value what they have earned.

How can we help?
One way is to contact Kurt at Mission Possible and see how you can serve the ministry.
Another way is to get involved with their Possibility Kids program. Here is some info:
Possibility Kids is the student sponsorship program of Mission Possible that ministers to children of Haiti and the Dominican Republic through...

  • Christian Schools that provide an excellent learning environment, high academic standards, and biblical instruction.
  • Nutrition programs that supply a nutritious meal every school day to nearly 3,000 boys and girls ( it is the only meal many children receive)
  • Leadership development that provides Godly mentors and encourages young men women to develop the unique abilities and gifts God has placed in them.
For only $30 a month you can sponsor a child and ensure that they will get all the above mentioned opportunities. Only $30! That's nothing to us, but a lot to them. Get involved and be a blessing to a child.
For more information you can check out their websites:
www.ourmissionispossible.org
www.possibilitykids.org
or
Call the office at 1-800-621-9731
If you want just click on the link on the left side of this page.

Like I said in the beginning, I went to the concert because I was a fan of Pawn, but I left being blessed and moved by a tremendous ministry. Check them out, they will bless you also.

I'M A FAN OF MISSION POSSIBLE/POSSIBILITY KIDS

No comments: